Consultancy and Copywriting for better (and more sustainable) tourism
It shouldn't be hard to communicate the wonders of responsibly designed tourism.
Discovering places intimately connected to their surroundings.
Enjoying experiences that whisk you away from the humdrum of daily life or the same-same offer of much of tourism today.
Sharing all this with people who really are happy that you have come to visit.
The trouble is, most of the work building a successful responsible tourism business is hard. It isn't all sampling local beers and dancing with the best band in the village. It's dealing with issues around waste management and energy supply, ensuring supplier accreditation and whether the wood for the new outbuilding is FSC-approved. And whether FSC-approved is still the way to go.
It takes up so much time and headspace that it can become all there is. But vital as it is, it's not the stuff that most tourists think about - or search for - when they dream of their perfect holiday. So people who have put their heart and soul into delivering the most wonderful holiday experiences around aren't connecting with travellers who would love to discover what they provide.
This is where I can help. I have spent over 10 years communicating responsible tourism (and nearly 20 communicating sustainability).
I've done it in just about every way possible, including:
- building and writing the content for several sustainable tourism company websites;
- creating reports, briefings and other strategy documents
- writing an award-winning A-Z of responsible tourism postcard campaign
- preparing best practice guidelines
- delivering keynote speeches
- recording video and radio interviews
- designing and managing a month long multi-author blogging campaign
- rebranding companies
- creating Travindy, the news and opinion website I edit today
- auditing existing communication approaches and advising on how to improve them
- co-writing an award-winning guidebook
- developing and implementing social media strategy
- running communication workshops
- writing my new book, which explores how the whole industry can redesign itself to offer transformational change.
- ...and I have a very strong network of other experts who I have collaborated with on projects over the years. Whatever it is you need, together we will get it done.