I am a writer and communication strategist specialising in the environment, tourism and sustainable business
- I write articles and undertake copywriting assignments for clients working in tourism. I currently write a fortnightly blog on responsible tourism for World Travel Market and the monthly newsletter on sustainable tourism for the World Travel and Tourism Council.
- I edit Travindy, the online hub for the latest news and intelligence on the innovations, inspirations and issues that will shape a sustainable future of tourism.
- I advise on communication strategies ranging from digital campaigns to branding and crisis management.
- I build websites for people and organisations working in responsible tourism. Because I can write the content and build the physical website, it makes for a much more streamlined process.
- I have a background in communications for both the environment and tourism. I used to be the editor of The Ecologist, the world’s longest running environmental magazine. And I co-wrote (with Richard Hammond of Greentraveller) Clean Breaks – 500 New Ways to See the World, which was Rough Guides’ only book dedicated to responsible tourism, and has sold around 30,000 copies.