Sustainable tourism writer and communication strategist
- I co-founded, built and edit Travindy, the only travel industry news site to focus on the ideas, innovations and issues that will shape a sustainable future for tourism.
- My new book - Transforming Travel - realising the potential of sustainable tourism - was published in December 2017.
- I consult and provide communication services for sustainable tourism, ranging from digital campaigns and communication audits, to branding and crisis management. Recent clients include The Travel Foundation, Visit Finland, PATA and various independent hotels, lodges and tour companies.
- I write a fortnightly blog on responsible tourism for World Travel Market and the monthly newsletter on sustainable tourism for the World Travel and Tourism Council.
- I co-wrote (with Richard Hammond of Greentraveller) Clean Breaks - 500 New Ways to See the World, which was Rough Guides' only book dedicated to responsible tourism, won Planeta's guidebook of the year, and sold around 30,000 copies.
- I used to be editor of The Ecologist, the world's longest running environmental magazine.
- I speak regularly about responsible and sustainable tourism. See my most recent and upcoming speaking engagements here.