Sustainable tourism writer and communication strategist
- I edit Travindy, the only travel industry news site to focus on the ideas, innovations and issues that will shape a sustainable future for tourism.
- My new book - Transforming Travel - realising the potential of sustainable tourism - was published in December 2017.
- I write a fortnightly blog on responsible tourism for World Travel Market and the monthly newsletter on sustainable tourism for the World Travel and Tourism Council.
- I co-wrote (with Richard Hammond of Greentraveller) Clean Breaks - 500 New Ways to See the World, which was Rough Guides' only book dedicated to responsible tourism, won Planeta's guidebook of the year, and sold around 30,000 copies.
- I used to be editor of The Ecologist, the world's longest running environmental magazine.
- I advise on communication strategies ranging from digital campaigns to branding and crisis management. Recent clients include The Travel Foundation, Visit Finland, PATA and various independent hotels, lodges and tour companies.
- I speak regularly about responsible tourism. See my most recent and upcoming speaking engagements here.
Dec 5, 2017: How to redesign tourism to end #pointlessplastics
Aug 30, 2017: Using social media to do more than sell holidays
Aug 15, 2017: Why tourism needs to support rewilding initiatives
Aug 1, 2017: How can we truly measure tourism’s impact?
July 19, 2017: Could the world’s hotels run on renewable energy?
July 4, 2017: Why tourism finds it hard to talk about climate change
June 6, 2017: Pandora’s Paradox: social media, tourism and FOMO